Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm going to have a nephew!


So I went to Lubbock this past weekend for the Texas Tech/Nebraska game. Wasn't that a nailbiter??? It is funny because almost all of one side of my family lives in Nebraska so one would think I would route for them right? Well, I routed for Tech. My sister and brother in law both graduated from there. I was very happy they won. It was a nice family gathering because I drove up with my mom and then we met my uncle, cousin, his wife, and their 2 kids there. I don't get to see them very often so it was a pleasure spending time with them. I also got to see my precious friend Lindsay, who I hadn't seen in over 5 years. During that time she got married and had 2 kids. I was so happy to meet all 3 of them. We didn't get to spend a heck of a lot of time together, but that was okay, because even 5 minutes would have been good enough for me. When we got back on Sunday, I wasn't feeling very well and I ended up staying home from work on Monday. The stomach flu is the worst. It ended up being okay though because I got a call from my sister that afternoon telling me that they found out they are having a little boy. That made my day so much better. His name is going to be Brody Journey Lewis. They decided on that a long time ago. I suppose they are sticking with it because they are telling everyone about the name. I had my sister over for dinner last night and her belly really popped up. I have been taking monthly pictures to document the growth and I took one last week and it was still pretty flat. I guess it just happened overnight between last week and last night. She looks so cute. She said she is really starting to feel the whole pregnancy thing and she didn't say it in a happy tone. Hopefully it will get better for her. I still haven't wrapped my mind around the thought that she is going to have a kid in March. My life is very full right now.

2 comments:

Team Hoff said...

Congratulations! I also have a nephew named Brody! So cute! Does your sister have a blog so we could check out pictures of that growing belly?

Lindsey said...

Yay, boys are my fave!