Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well Christmas is supposed to be a fun, joyful time of year for everyone. I am having a hard time with that today. I just found out this morning that I was let go from my job. I understand that everyone is taking a hit because of how bad the economy is, but it didn't really hit home until it directly effected me. I know things will be okay but it is just hard right now. I have never had this happen before. It kind of came out of no where for me to be honest. I have a job until Dec 31. See, bosses should have these conversations with people right before it is time to leave because now that I have received this crappy news I still have to work all day and be really nice to people. I need to go home and process all of this. Since I didn't know this was coming I didn't look for any back up opportunity. I know I am kind of rambling but I really just don't know what to do right now. Lots of prayers are greatly appreciated right now. I know I can turn things around and find a really good job. I need to get on that mind set....I don't think it will be today though. So sad.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

i'll be praying for you. you could always move to tyler...i'll help you find a job. maybe God has something really great in store for you and this was how he is shutting the door on this job to open up a new one. keep your head up it will all be okay.

Team Hoff said...

I'm sorry to hear that Devon. I will definitely be praying for you. Just see this as God's way of challenging you...because He knows you can handle it and because He knows how strong it will make you in the end. Lots of love your way. Cookie monster on me!