Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun Weekend


Well I had a fabulous, relaxing weekend.....well, kind of. My sister's husband went out of town for the weekend so she asked if I would come and stay with her. Of course I would never say no to spending time with her and Brody, so I was all over that one. We ended up staying at my Mom's house on Friday night because her husband was out of town too. It took me about an hour and a half to get there after work on Friday. It usually only takes about 50 minutes because she lives in Frisco. I am not used to horrible traffic on my way home from work but this time I got worst of it. I was so ready to not be in the car so half way through the drive to Mom's house my attitude went from bad, to worse. The plan was that once I got to my final destination we were going to go eat at a Mexican restaurant. I was certainly good with that seeing I was in desperate need of a Margarita. :) Well we had a nice dinner and I had an awesome drink and all ended well. I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning on Saturday to take my Mom to the airport. The original plan was for myself, Lindsay, Brody to go but Lindsay said she would rather not wake up Brody when he had the opportunity to sleep in. I couldn't argue because it was legit. Nobody wants to hear a screaming baby first thing in the morning. After a Starbucks run we were on our way to the airport at 6:30am. I wasn't as tired as I thought, which was nice. After hugs and kisses I dropped Mom off and headed over to my sister's house. I received a text on my way saying that her door was unlocked. When I walked in, her and Brody were snoozing away. That would have been a perfect time for me to nap as well, but noooo, I wasn't tired at that point. After everyone was awake, showered and ready to go we headed out to lunch and to Walmart. Lets just say we didn't last long at Walmart because Brody wasn't having it. We got what we needed and headed out. We got back to the house and just hung out the rest of the day. Brody is going trough this phase where he cries just because. Nothing is wrong with him, he just cries. I asked Lindsay if he was teething or something and she said no that he was just going through a phase. It is a horrible phase because while we were making dinner he started to cry and since Lindsay wasn't paying any attention to it he came over to me and crawled up my legs looking up at me wanting me to pick him up. I wanted to SO bad but Lindsay told me that we can't feed into it because he needs to learn that he can't get what he wants just because he is crying. It seriously broke my heart that I couldn't pick him up when when he was crying and wanting me too. I almost started crying myself. It was rough but 5 minutes later he was fine and laughing at his toys. Way to put your Aunt through that Brody. Its all good. Brody went to bed and we ended up having a nice evening. Brody turns 1 a week from Tuesday. I can't believe he is already a year old. Time is sure flying by. I will have to post again after his party. I am so excited. He is becoming such a big boy. I just love him.

No comments: